So, there’s not much good news about the current health crisis BUT one silver lining is that Brookfield has moved forward in its ability to handle many tasks online.
Below are some important things to remember if choosing to do your registrations online:
1. You can only do routine renewals online. The online system does not allow for new registrations, transfers, or late registrations, unless they expired in 2020. All of these examples will need to be done in person. (A News Announcement titled Town of Brookfield Emergency Operating Guidelines, found on the Homepage of the Town website, provides information for handling “in-person” tasks). The Town Clerk will maintain regular office hours and can answer your questions by phone!
2. Your registration done on-line will still need to be processed in the office to be valid and that will only be done during regular office hours. You must still plan ahead. If you do a registration on-line on a Wednesday, for example, it will not be processed and mailed to you until the following Monday.
3. The online link has a nice feature where you can check what a new car might cost you to register--we get many requests for this and cannot do it in the office... A nice bonus!
4. You can also now license your dog online, request a dump sticker and request a vital record. Everything will be mailed to you.
5. Click on this link for new DMV guidelines regarding temporary plates, license renewals and other DMV information that may be of interest to you.
Check back as this post may be edited as more questions arise!